"October" A great month!

The first day of October is one of my favorite months! I look forward to so many things. Cooler weather, the leaves changing, fall fragrances (Leaves and Autumn from Bath and Body Works.), fall decorations, pumpkin carving, hay rides, cute boots, my birthday. All of these things seem to summarize the great month of October. This year though I have something that just might be the cherry on top, well; I know it’s the cherry on top. This is the month Cade will arrive!

Andrew, Eden and I are so excited! We can’t wait to hold our little man! One of the things I have loved seeing during my pregnancy with Cade, is Eden’s sweetness blossoming even more. She is constantly kissing my belly and saying how much she loves baby Cade. She plays horses on my belly quite often. I mean it does make an amazing hill! Eden is always asking, “Does baby Cade want to do what read a book or play toys?” Another funny thing that happens quite often, would be when we are spending family time at night and we are all in the living room. Andrew usually has his hand on my stomach feeling baby Cade move. Eden always wants to join in, but will say to Andrew as she moves his hand, “No, my baby Cade!” We always get a good laugh out of it.


Well, so to kick off the first of October. Eden helped me by doing a couple of fun activities after her non-nap she refused to take. This is Eden all smiles because I gave in and let her get up. I actually walked in because I heard her talking and she was in the process of making her unicorn look beautiful! She also insisted on wearing her huge flower headband.

After Eden got her paint outfit on, our first activity was to paint these little orange pumpkins I purchased at Wal-Mart. Eden loves to paint, so I knew this activity would be a winner.


After our pumpkin painting fun, we went in and cleaned up and I started dinner. Poppy seed chicken, yum, my favorite! While dinner was cooking Andrew and Eden helped me make this fun dessert called warm fuzzies. I totally stole the idea from a friend, but what can I say, she is creative and a great mom with wonderful ideas!

Here are a few pictures to capture our fuzzy making.
First you need Large marshmallows, rice crispies, white and chocolate almond bark, and tooth picks.

First stick the marshmallow with a toothpick

Next, dip the marshmallow in the chocolate

Next take the marshmallow and roll it around in the bowl of rice crispies.

See! They are good enough to eat!

In fact lets try one!

Yummy!

I really did enjoy that fun activity! Thanks Janelle for the awesome idea! Eden loved it!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend! I know we will!



1 comment:

Janelle said...

YAY!!! I'm so glad y'all got to make them. They really are fun to make and fun to eat!!