Weekend Birthday Recap

I’m officially a year older. I must say though that celebrating my birthday with family made me forget I’m getting older. I always enjoy my time spent with family so I was really excited when my parents said they were coming down. My younger brother also made the trip but not just for me. HA! He came down for the Arkansas and Texas A&M game, which I’m glad he got to go to in person. My older brother wanted to make it, but had to work. Plus, I’ll be seeing him soon. We have a baby on the way this month and he wouldn’t want to miss out.

So what did I get to do for my birthday… Well my mother and I got our nails and toes done! I love my sparkly red toenail polish. After we got our nails done we did a little shopping! After wearing ourselves out by shopping, we headed back home where I walked into a house full of streamers, balloons, noise makers, birthday hats, and a princess piñata. Needless to say I was a bit surprised. My mom got pictures on her camera, which I forgot to retrieve before she left, so just use your imagination on how it all looked.

After making some noise with our noise makers we headed to the Fish Bowl in Ashdown for some yummy catfish. I’m so glad we did, because I have been craving some good catfish and brown beans. I was not disappointed. I believe we all enjoyed it! When we got home Andrew had an Oreo ice-cream cake and petit fours for us to eat for my birthday dessert. Oh my they were good! After eating our dessert, we each took a turn at pulling on a string trying to get the candy to come out of the piñata. Hunter was the lucky one and pulled the right string to reveal Receses cups and kit-kat bars.

Next we opened gifts. I was so excited by all my wonderful gifts! I have some very thoughtful family member. I’m not going to share with you all the gifts I received but I will share with you what Andrew got me.

He got me this beautiful necklace with Eden and Cade’s name on it, along with a moon that says “I love you to the moon and back,” which is what we say to Eden every night before we tuck her into bed, and a little pearl. I absolutely love it! It’s so very special!


Needless to say I had a great birthday Friday!

Saturday was no different. We had to say our goodbyes to my mom and dad which we were sad about, but they were going to a Don Williams concert in Branson later that afternoon and I know my mom was really excited about attending.

My in-laws were able to come in for the weekend to celebrate my birthday as well. We actually got to go to the Rangers game that afternoon. That was a great treat! I always love attending those games! I guess you could say I’m a fan. Actually that would be baby Cade’s third major league baseball game this season, so you could say he is an unborn fan right now. HA!

I really enjoyed watching Eden have a good time. She could not contain her screaming which was pretty funny. We had to tell her when to scream and when not to. She caught on pretty quickly. Oh and guess who was at the game?

President W. Bush! We could see him from our box, but I couldn’t get a good picture. My camera isn’t cut out to take close ups.

While we were watching the Rangers we were also able to watch the Razorbacks play. It made me sad to know we were a stones throw away from our Hogs and couldn’t watch them in person, but I really enjoyed watching the Rangers play. Maybe, fingers crossed, the Rangers will make it to the World Series. They have to play Tampa again, but I have faith they can pull out a win, just like our Hogs did against A&M. Whoo Pig! Thanks again Doo-Dah and Nana for taking us to the game!

My in-laws also brought down a dresser that we are going to use for Cade’s room. I’m super pumped about. I’ll share with you the beginning and end of the dresser renovation. Think RED!


No comments: