You mean, thats nasty?

So today I was frantically trying to get ready, so we could go into town. My mind was totally focused on putting the last little bit of mascara on, that I didn’t even see my child lift up the toilet seat and dunk her baby doll in the “wonderful clean pot!”
I did in-fact hear the water dripping of the baby as she raised the innocent little doll out of that “wonderful clean pot!” The words I had right then for the sight I saw was, NASTY, SOOIE, OH MY STARS, OH MY STARS Child, What Have You Done?

I quickly took the doll away and stowed her in the sink. Eden looked at me with those big hazel eyes and said, sooie mama, (with her hands over her mouth.)
I guess I’m not really good at keeping a straight face, because I defiantly cracked a smile and started laughing. It was kind of funny but REALLY NASTY!

Then…

Yes, there’s a then.

Not to shortly after that, I was putting away some dishes and Eden being the tall child that she is opens my measuring spoon and cup drawer and pulls out a cup and spoon. She was having a jolly old time with them and that was fine with me, because it was keeping her busy while I finished up.
As I was finishing up I noticed it was a little to quiet in the house. Houses are never quiet when toddlers are present. So I went to check things out.

Where did I find her you ask?

Your right, the bathroom!

She was playing in the guest bathroom toilet this time, except the measuring spoon and cup were the innocent victims this time.

I never knew a toilet could be so fascinating.

I mean clearly she does not know what goes on in a toilet. The water is the only thing on her mind. It kind of makes me wonder what goes through her head when she lifts up the lid to find standing water in a big white bowl, besides the obvious, lets dunk things in it.

Well, after a little talk intitled “Toilets Are Nasty,” which I’m sure she will forget, being that she is only 18 months old. We washed our hands really good, got our things together and left.

We ended up spending the day with Elizabeth and Emma Grace, which is always fun!

While the girls played we worked on pillow case dresses for the them.

The ending results, VERY CUTE!

I’ll have to post a picture once I remember to take one of Eden in it.

That was our day folks. One funny productive day.

I couldn’t post without a picture.
In the picture are my sweet in-laws and wonderful sister in-law.
They came to visit a few weekends ago, so we had to get a family picture.
I love all our family so much.


3 comments:

jill said...

glad to know mine isn't the only kid with a thing for the potty! can't wait to see the dresses!!! nana made sophie a couple for the fall that i can put long sleeves and leggings underneath. too cute!

Hannah said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! And that is all I have to say.... :)

~aj~ said...

I know it's nasty and I feel so sorry for you, but at the same time it's so nice to know my kid is not the only one playing in the toilet. Only problem is that it's been going on for about 9 months at our house. :o/ AND his brother doesn't always remember to flush when he's done. Yeah, we're talking N-A-S-T-Y!