To Searcy and Back

Back to Searcy again and what a fun time we had. Andrew and I were talking on the way to Searcy reminiscing about what a great time we had there while we were in college. We talked about how we missed going to chapel, one thing I thought we would never say. All of the memories we have of Harding were so wonderful. We have so many friends that are very dear to our heart that we met there as well as friends we have had for a while that we got even closer to. I’m so thankful for having these friendships that will last a life time and I hope Eden one day has good Christian friends as well.
Our time in Searcy always seems so short when we visit, but while we were there we were able to meet up with the Howard’s which was a big treat. Eden saw Abby for the first time and just loved her. She also met some of their cats and their dog which she petted or more a less swatted at. It was just great to sit and catch up. We also met up with Megan, Jennie, Hannah, Leslie, Leigh, Alex, and Caleb at Wings to go, a new restaurant in Searcy. It was so wonderful to see them all. They even remembered my Birthday which is coming up soon, and had cupcakes for me. I was also surprised with a gift. I just love my big grey purse that comes with its own bag to store it in. Andrew thought that was funny. I couldn’t have been more excited. It was a treat in itself just to sit down with friends we don’t see very often.
That night we stayed with Josh and Ashley who live in Little Rock. We stayed up and visited and listened to some of Joshes medical stories. I even finished Eclipse! Finally! Ashley let me borrow the last one Breaking Dawn and I can’t wait to finish it. I have even got Andrew interested in the series, well by accident really. He only read Eclipse and he has already finished breaking dawn. It took him two days. REALLY! He keeps asking me what part I’m on. I guess it’s a good thing that he has read them so we can talk about them afterwards. Enough about the books though.
The next day we headed back to Searcy where we met up with Aunt Nutmeg. We took a stroll around the campus and met some of Megan’s friends in the music building. I was also able to visit with some of my teachers which was nice. Lunch time rolled around and we all decided that pizza sounded good, so we ate at Brick Oven. After lunch we said our goodbyes and headed back to Searcy for dinner later that night with Josh, Ashley, and Carson. Our two days in the Searcy/ Little Rock area was nice. We can’t wait to go back and visit soon.



No comments: