My Birthday Weekend

Wednesday the 8th was my 23rd Birthday, my first Birthday to ever have in Texas. I have always wondered if Birthdays were bigger in Texas, you know since everything is bigger in Texas. I would have to say I did have a big special birthday. Andrew and Eden got me my favorite flowers, stargazer lily’s; they also took me to lunch at the Wing Stop, my choice because I love their wings and seasoned fries.


I was also given a fall wreath from my mom and dad which was beautiful.
For dinner Andrew took me to Olive Garden and then we went to church were we have started this new class based on the movie Fireproof. I think it’s going to be a wonderful class. There are several couples of different ages which is great because the comments made in class are based on their life’s lessons so far as a couple. After church Andrew took me to get ice cream at Cold Stone, of course I picked my favorite ice cream chocolate cake batter with brownie and caramel. That was a wonderful treat to end a wonderful Birthday. I would also like to mention within that same week Eden really started crawling noted by the video we took. We didn’t try to bribe her at all.

This weekend we were able to visit our family in Springdale during Andrew’s weekend off. We left Thursday afternoon and arrived late that night were we stayed with my parents. Friday was our day designated to go to the pumpkin patch. We found a wonderful pumpkin patch on the outskirts of Townie Town. It was a beautiful farm where we were able to pick our own pumpkin. They had so many pumpkins to choose from. Some of the pumpkins were huge and funny looking. They also had long steamed roses, tomatoes, strawberries, and apples. It was so peaceful walking around enjoying the fresh air and all of the fruits and vegetables. After walking around for a while we found the perfect pumpkins for us. The pumpkin we picked was tall and plump and it had the perfect long steam. It was a great pumpkin to make a jack-o-lantern out of. Our long evening at the pumpkin patch ended well and our hunger was getting the best of us. That night we decided to eat a Catfish Hole with Papa Lowe, Gammy, and uncle Hunkie. It was great spending time with them and eating catfish.

Our Saturday was also filled with lots of fun. We met grandfather sir, grandma Venable, Mark, and Renee for lunch and then after lunch we went to trees and trends as well as hobby lobby to look for some fall decorations. That evening was the big birthday bash at JB Hunt Park. All of my extended family came as well as some close friends. Eden was able to swing for the first time with uncle Cary and play with Taylor. It was a wonderful Birthday bash and I could not have asked for a better day then that. It was fun spending time with everyone and catching up. All in all my weekend was amazing.

Eden and Taylor playing at the park
This is Eden sliding in the tub

I thought I would add this part because it meant a lot to me. On the way back home Monday Andrew let me drive while he read to me a few chapters out of my book Breaking Dawn. What a wonderful husband I have.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Whitney, this post was just the best!

First of all, happy (belated) birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration with friends and family. I absolutely love that you are a girl that gets serious about yummy food and dessert because that is exactly how I am! Your flowers and wreath are just stunning.

Now about Eden, that girl amazes me! I can't believe she is crawling already. And I love how animated she gets with her smiling, clapping, bouncing, sliding. She is just a ball of energy. Drew is just my little laid-back baby and has no interest in doing any of that stuff. Hopefully someday soon because I know it is so much fun.

Didn't mean to write a novel. I think I'm excited that I can leave comments now. :)

Have a wonderful weekend!