These are a few of my favorite things

Last week Eden turned 7 months. That truly boggles my mind how time just slips away right before your eyes. As I was thinking about how fast she was growing up, I began to wonder what will she be when she grows up? Will I be a good influence on her as a Christian mom? Will I teach her all that she needs to know for life? Questions up on questions ran through my head like a hamster running on his wheel. I did this for several minutes and then realized I was getting ahead of myself and not enjoying the time I have with her right now and that with God’s help I as well as Andrew can teach her what she needs to know. I also know that we have wonderful parents who are more then willing to offer any advice on parenting and that’s pretty special. So once I got over that hurdle I began to think of all my favorite things about Eden. Since she’s seven months old I’ll tell you seven.

One of my favorite things about Eden are her pretty blue eyes. She stills my heart every time when she looks at me with them. It’s going to be hard to say no to this sweet little girl when she beams those pretty blues my way. She defiantly gets those pretty blue eyes from her handsome dad.


Now that Eden is becoming more mobile she’s been noticing more and more. One of her favorite things to notice is cords, which scares mommy. Every time she sees a cord she drops what she’s doing and quickly crawls over to it. In the process of crawling I say with a nice but stern voice, “Eden we don’t play with cords they can hurt you.” She usually turns around and stares at me for a second, but she knows what she wants so she turns back around and keeps crawling. It really depends on the day, but sometimes she listens to me and other times I pick her up and we play with more kid appropriate toys. I’m counting this as one of my favorite things because I know she hears the concern in my voice and if she doesn’t listen to me the first time and I have to pick her up she reaches for me and puts her little arms around my neck like thank you mom for caring. I just know
she’s thinking that.

Eden loves her baths she gets so excited when she hears the water come on. I love watching her play and splash in the tub. She just babbles and babbles when she’s playing in the tub. I wish I knew what she was babbling about.

Another thing I love about our sweet little girl would be how she gets so excited about the littlest things. I love how she claps her hands while sitting on one foot and standing on the other. It’s really amazing. She’s always squealing and babbling at the top of her lungs. I love every minute of that. Last Sunday in church Eden made it through the whole service without having to leave the auditorium partly because she was asleep for most of it. Toward the end of the sermon Eden woke up and began to flirt with the elderly man behind us. She began to let out little screams because she was getting tickled at possibly the faces he was making at her. I thought I was going to have to take her at but she turned around and found one of her toys. It was then time to stand up and sing the invitation song. As we were singing Eden decide to join in at the top of her lungs and babbled the whole time while clapping her hands. I admit I thought it was a little funny as well as the people in front of us and beside us. I couldn’t stop laughing. After services were over the people in front of us turned around and complemented Eden on how well she sung that song. I love listenting to her babble or sing.

I also love waking up in the morning and seeing our precious babies smiling face. I love how she’s always smiling. She really makes me want to smile all the time too.

Eden’s open mouth kisses are the best as well. Andrew and I love giving Eden kisses but as soon as she returns them our face becomes a slip and slide. We love every minute of it.

Eden is now eating 3rd foods which are pretty much the same as 1st and 2nd foods but a little thicker. I thought I would try the Chicken and Vegetable dinner just to see what she thought about it and her face said it all. I love the silly faces she makes. She keeps me laughing that’s for sure.


Sure mom chicken vegetable dinner sounds great



Ewww I take that back



I think the chicken dinner looks better on my head then in my mouth






No comments: