Curious George

I had mentioned a book called the Love Dare in my last post that our Wednesday night class just started studying. I’m truly excited about this class. I was looking through the book trying to get a feel for it and I came across this note so I thought I would share it. The note is in reference to having the word of God in your life.

Lord, open my eyes that I may see truth and my ears to hear truth.
Open my heart to receive it by faith.
Renew my mind to keep it in hope.
Surrender my will that I may live it with love.

Remind me that I am responsible when I hear it.
Help me desire to obey what You say through it.
Transform my life that I may know it.
Burden my heart that I may share it.

Speak now, Lord.
Give me a passion to know and follow Your will.
Nothing more. Nothing less. Nothing else.

After reading this note I began to think about two things. First, how wonderful it is to have the word of God in my life, and second, knowing that I have the word of God in my life, do I truly open my heart to it or even long for it. Just by reading bits and pieces of the book I can already tell it will be an awakening for me. Something I truthfully need. I’m not just reading the book by myself though it’s a joint effort between Andrew and I, which is even more encouraging. I can’t wait to dive into the book with intensity and work through our first dare, hint: It has something to do with being patient.

Up next is a video I took of Eden playing in her room. She’s becoming more and more curious as the week goes by. I thought this was pretty funny and wanted to share it.
Oh and don’t worry. I got rid of the trash bag lining she was playing with, or should I say hid it so she can’t play with it anymore.

View this montage created at One True Media
My Montage 10/17/08


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

I love that letter...thanks for sharing it. The book sounds very good. If you end up loving it, I'm going to have to look into it.

And that video of Eden in her room...adorable! She always makes me smile so big. Drew loves those little door stoppers too. :)