Pumpkin Delight

I have some serious catching up to do on my blogging, but before I do some catching up, I would like to share with you something that happened today.
I was in the kitchen cleaning up some dishes after putting together this wonderful looking cake recipe I found that I will share. As I was washing these dishes Eden now 7 months old crawled over to see what I was up to. My back was turned to her but I was acknowledging that she was there by saying; I’m so glad you came in here mommy’s doing the dishes and will be….. but before I could finish my sentence Eden let out the biggest squeal demanding that I turn around, which I did. Once I was turned around she began to clap her hands and babble like she usually does, but today she did something a little different. Eden actually waved. It’s true! So I said hold that thought and I ran in to get the video camera hoping that she would do it again and she did.





Can you tell I’m a little proud?


After taking a few minutes to capture a great moment I finished glazing my Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Cake. I was surprised how well it turned out. It was really suppose to be a bundt cake but I didn’t have a bundt cake dish so I improvised.


I hope it tastes as good as it sounds. Here is the recepie. Hope you all enjoy.

Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Cake

Cake
4 large eggs
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 tsp of baking soda
1 Tbsp. of pumpkin pie spice
½ tsp. of salt
2 cups of canned pumpkin puree (I just bought two cans of pumpkin and then pureed it in the blinder by adding just a little milk.)

Glaze
1 cup of chocolate chips
1 tbsp of light corn syrup
1 cup of heavy cream

Make cake: Preheat oven to 350° Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan or two round cake dishes. Set aside.
Beat eggs and sugar until blended. Beat in oil. Sift flour, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt into egg mixture. Fold in dry ingredients and pumpkin puree. Pour batter into pan and bake 45 minutes check with a knife if it comes out clean your good if not bake until knife comes out clean.

Make glaze: Place chocolate and corn syrup in a heatproof bowl. In a pan, warm cream over medium heat until it simmers. Pour cream over chocolate, let stand 1 minute, then whisk until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.


3 comments:

~aj~ said...

Eden is just too cute. Crawling, clapping and now waving?! I'm proud of her too!

P.S. I tagged you for something over on my blog. :)

Mom/Grammy said...

Whitney, Eden is waving like you have been teaching her..like Miss America. The video is priceless.
She is such a happy baby. Whitney,
you are a wonderful Mother, and Andrew, you are quite the awesome Daddy that I knew you would be.
I am so proud of you both.
The cake sure looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
Love you all dearly,
Grammy/Mom

Jen said...

Whit! I just found this cute little video of Eden waving! My heart melted a little! She is growing so fast... give her a kiss from Auntie Jen Jen! Love you Whit!