I've Been Tagged

I was tagged by an amazing mom AJ who wanted me to share seven random facts about myself. This should be interesting.

1. I have become obsessed with the book serious that Stephenie Meyer has put out called the Twilight Series. When I first heard about the series I was a bit skeptical. It was about vampires by all means, but I was drawn to it because there was a love story involved. How can anyone pass up a love story? I bought the first book in Dallas this past year when Andrew was still in training and could not put it down. I have now read all four books and am counting down the days till the movie comes out. I loved this book series so much I decided for Halloween to carve a pumpkin with three werewolves in it. Silly me I forgot to take a picture of the best pumpkin I’ve ever carved which I’m pretty disappointed in. It took all day long to carve but it was worth it. I named the three wolves in the pumpkin I carved Jacob, Seth, and Quil from the book. Andrew just laughed at me but truly appreciated the amazing pumpkin.

I found the same exact pumpkin I carved off of a friends facebook page. We both had the same idea



2. When I go out shopping the two most popular places I love to hit up are TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby.

TJ Maxx is one of my favorite stores to frequent. I love the bargains I can find there. I would shop there almost everyday if I could but I limit myself to a few visits a month.

I also love shopping at Hobby Lobby. I get on the computer every Monday to check out the new ad for the month and to see if that week they are offering the 40% off coupon. What I like about that store the most is its consistency. I know that if there is something I just can’t live without and it’s not 50% off that week, it will be the next week so I wait.

3. I love the smell of clean laundry. I do my best every week to make my laundry smell the best it can. I haven’t quite mastered the exact smell I want but I’m close. Every time I go to Wal-Mart I have to smell the detergent I’m going to buy before I take it off the shelf; even though I buy the same detergent (Gain) every time I have to smell it. Sometimes I don’t need detergent when I make grocery trips but I find myself on that aisle just so I can smell the fresh sent of Gain and softener preferably Simple Pleasures with lavender.





4. I can’t get enough of catfish. I absolutely love to eat it. When we visit our hometown of Springdale I always ask to eat at Catfish Hole. They have some of the best catfish as well as pickles, another love I have.

5. I like all kinds of music but what I really like to listen to is country gospel. One of my favorite songs is Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus. I love the words.

O soul, are you weary and troubled?No light in the darkness you see?There’s light for a look at the Savior,And life more abundant and free!


Refrain:Turn your eyes upon Jesus,Look full in His wonderful face,And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,In the light of His glory and grace.


Through death into life everlastingHe passed, and we follow Him there;O’er us sin no more hath dominion—For more than conquerors we are!


His Word shall not fail you—He promised;Believe Him, and all will be well:Then go to a world that is dying,His perfect salvation to tell!


6. I love to dance! I find myself dancing around the house while I’m doing chores or cooking. I really would love to take dance classes again just so I can get back into shape. Also if I were a star I would totally sign-up to be on dancing with the stars.

7. Since I’ve been married I’ve been slowly drawn to antiques. I have only a couple of antique pieces like fiesta wear which I collect, but would love to start collecting more antique pieces. Antique shopping is something that I would love to start doing more of. I think it might be a new passion.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Thanks for doing this! I hope I can remember all that I wanted to comment on...

I'm also obsessed with the Twilight series. Obsessed!!! Everyone I know is nuts over Edward, but I had a soft spot for Jacob the entire time. :)

I also love shopping at TJ Maxx and Hobby Lobby. TJ Maxx and I go way, way back (I actually used to work there!).

I also have a weird thing about having good smelling laundry. If I ever forget to add Downy, I'll rewash the laundry just so I can. :)

I'm not big into antiques, but my mom sure is. She has an entire cupbaord filled with Fiesta.

It was so fun to read your tag and nod along agreeing to everything you said!