Today was a lazy Saturday just like it should be on some occasions. Eden slept till 7:15, pretty good if I say so myself. She’s been getting up at 5:30 or which is still pretty good considering she goes to bed by 8:30 or 9. I think the reason she slept so well was because she played so hard last night with some new friends she made at a birthday party for one of Andrews DPS partners. Although the kids were a little bit older then she was she enjoyed every minute of being around them. We have to have more play dates like that more often. Well back to our Saturday. I let Andrew sleep in poor thing. He didn’t get in from work till 3:00, after he woke up though Eden was already taking her morning nap, which she takes about 10. That was kind of nice because it gave Andrew and I some time together. So for breakfast or should I say brunch he made his notorious pancakes that we hadn’t had in a long time with some scrambled eggs. Ummmm what a good brunch!

After breakfast we attempted to do homework. He has a lot of reading to do and I have a fun paper to write. He was a little more motivated then I was. I started my paper but soon gave it a rest because I became frustrated with it. I can’t wait till I get past these general classes so I can move on to what I love to do which is Social Work. I guess that explains why Andrew was so motivated. He’s taking classes that are based on his criminal justice degree. I have to say I’m pretty proud of him for working and getting his masters at the same time. The online masters program works out great for him and his busy schedule. Keep it up Drew Bear.

Well Eden finally woke up around one and we ate lunch and then played for a while. She was exhausted after all her playing so down she went for her second nap of the day. During that time Andrew fixed an amazing pot of tortilla soup for dinner and I worked on the guacamole dip. It all smelled so yummy but we had to have patience and wait. Andrew had to work tonight at 6 so Eden and I hung out till he got home for supper. While we were waiting Eden was playing with some toys while I was trying to work a little more on school work. I had the TV on in the background just for a little extra noise when an up beat song came on off the movie Bruce Almighty. Eden dropped everything she was doing turned to the TV and started bouncing to the beat. I couldn’t stop laughing it was the funniest thing. I love to watch her when music like that comes on she’s either clapping her hands or bouncing. That girl is going to be a dancer some day I just know it.

Soon after Eden’s dancing spree she had her dinner and bath time. It took her a little longer to wind down but she finally went to sleep about 9:30. I love putting our little princess to bed especially when she cuddles close and rubs my face until she falls asleep. That’s only on occasion. She usually just falls asleep right after her bottle but tonight it took her a little longer to go to sleep. I cherish every moment I get to cuddle with my baby. I thank God regularly for our little girl.

Speaking of thanks, Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I am so excited. I get to actually fix my first Thanksgiving dinner for my family. I’m a little nervous because it is my first time so I don’t know how good it will be, but I can’t wait to take a stab at it. My in-laws are coming too which I’m really excited about. It will be so fun to have them here. I know Eden can’t wait to play with them.

Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend and are ready for a new week. I know I am.


2 comments:

~aj~ said...

That sounds like a wonderful Saturday to me!

So cute that you have a 'Drew Bear' as well. :)

Oh, and I'd love that chicken tortilla soup recipe. I've been wanting to make that for a long time, but never have.

Mallory Cervas said...

It sounds like you and your cute family are doing great!