I have been in a total blog slump and I have nobody to blame but myself. There has been quite a bit going on in the Venable household. I have several memories I need to write down before I forget the details. So, I thought I would crawl out of my blog slump by talking about the meaning of Easter.
A lot of times we can get all caught up in the Easter candy, picking out the right things for our kids' Easter baskets, dying eggs, purchasing our Easter attire, Eating! All of these things are fine, but none of these things are what the real meaning of Easter is about.
This verse from John 11:25-26 says:
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die." Do you believe this?
I truly believe this. You see, the meaning of Easter is to celebrate Jesus resurrection (New Life!) Christ’s resurrection also guarantees the believer’s forgiveness and justification. Romans 4:22-25 says: This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.” The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness-for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
It saddens me to know that he was persecuted, suffered and died just so we could have everlasting life. At the same time I have such a peace knowing that Christ died for our sins, so that we may have the opportunity to be born again in him. His resurrection is such a wonderful message to others. His message shouts second chance! So let us set our eyes on things above and remember what the true meaning of Easter really is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Whitney, what beautiful thoughts.
Can you imagine how Jesus' Mother felt when she saw him suffer so
tragically? A Mother's love goes
very very deep. I am proud of all
of my kids. I am especially proud
of your tender heart and your love
for Jesus. Have a blessed Easter
with your husband and daughter and
little sweet pea.
Love, Mom
I love the Easter Song. So inspiring. I am thankful, also,
for our Lord and Savior. Jesus
is so awesome. He holds the most
heroic medals in the history of the
Christian Army. What a brave young
man He was. His Father taught Him well.
Post a Comment