Hi, I’m Whitney, and I’m a beautiful mess!
Whoo! Glad I got that off my chest.
Honestly though. You know what is so great about being a beautiful mess…God loving us no matter what our imperfections are.
I want to share a new favorite song with y’all. It’s sung by Amy Grant and it’s called “Better Than a Hallelujah.”
The lyrics in this song are so touching.
You want to know what specific words touched my heart? “God loves a lullaby, in a mother’s tears in the dead of night, better then a hallelujah sometimes.”
I think about these words and I’m shaking my head (YES!) and thinking wow this has happened to me, especially when Eden was little. I would hold her close during an early morning feeding. I would sing to her, but sometimes my words came at slowly because I would be crying tears of joy, knowing that my daughter is healthy. I’m not going to lie to you, sometimes those tears were tears of exhaustion, but my heart was glad that I was holding a sweet baby girl in my arms, because I know she is a precious blessing.
It’s just so touching to me to know that God hears those faint cries even if we don’t say what we are thinking directly.
You know…
No one is perfect. If you say you are, well, you probably have insecurity issues. Not to be ugly.
I for one know that I do not “have it all together" and I know for a fact that I’m a beautiful mess, but I seek pride in knowing that God sees my beautiful mess and is loving me every step of the way.
I may not be making much since right now, but what I can make since of is the fact that God constantly loves us through the good times and the bad. He hears our cries and sometimes those cries are better than a hallelujah, because those cries are our hearts opening up, showing God that we can’t make it on our own. We need God every step of the way and that’s a melody to God’s heart.

3 comments:
Love this, Whitney! Sending x's & o's from one beautiful mess to another. ;)
Whitney, you REALLY are a good writer! You have some AWESOME thoughts and I LOVE reading your blog. Just for that, best friend, I gave you a blog award! Check my blog!
Whitney, this was well said! I'm digging the "beautiful mess" concept. It makes life so much more clear when you think about how God sees us. His Beautiful Mess!
Post a Comment