Today was a wonderful day! We started off the day running a little late... ok, a lot late for worship service. We really do our best! Once we made it to services we had to sit in the very front... of course these would be the only seats left. Once we sat down to join in on the singing Eden wanted to draw, so we let her. Then it was time for communion, which means snack time for Eden. She sat still as the first plate was passed, but then became quickly distracted by the men carrying the communion plates and wanted to wave and say hi to everyone that went by. I thought for sure she was going to make it through communion, but my bubble was quickly busted when during the last prayer she didn’t want to sit still or do anything for that matter that Andrew and I were telling her to do, so daddy quietly escaped with her in hand to the foyer. Few... My morning did not look like that at all in my head. I definitely saw us at least making it to services on time. Finding a good seat, where if Eden were to act up, we wouldn't be distracting anyone and we could quickly take her out. Are my expectations to high? Oh dear! Well, I'm getting a little laugh out of the situation as I'm typing this. I realize that this type of situation happens more often then not for other people... I hope we aren’t the only ones? So we just do our best and go with the flow.
We did however sit through services without any interruptions which was a blessing. Now that Eden is two, she can participate in discovery hour. YaY!
Our afternoon went a little smoother. We ate at Texas Roadhouse with some good friends. The Easter Bunny made an appearance, which Eden was ecstatic about! She really thought the Easter Bunny was going to eat with us… sweet thing.


After dinner we made our way back home so Eden could hunt some Easter Eggs. Daddy did a really good job of hiding them and Eden did very well at finding them. Those two make a good team.



We couldn't forget a quick family picture which was taken by our outside windowsill. Thank goodness for self-timers.

We really did have a wonderful day! We hope everyone else did too.

Thank you Lord for giving your life in order to forgive our sins.
1 comment:
Eden is so precious in her little
Easter Dress. I know you had so
much fun dressing her up.
I don't know how Andrew held up this morning getting in at 4:00 a.m. from work. I commend him in
going to worship. What a good example!
"Mama said there would be days like
this." That song is oh, so true.
Love, Mom K.
Post a Comment