Twenty Month Letter

To my sweet little doodle bop, who mommy and daddy love more then anything.

I can’t believe you are twenty months old. That means you’re four months closer to age two then I’m ready for you to be. I guess I could call you my little two year old (not to rush things by any means) you are tall for your age, 90th percentile. When you smile your sweet little smile, I can see that you have all your teeth. Your mind is a constant sponge. You can count to ten, thanks to daddy’s help. You can even say the whole alphabet with our help. You are talking in sentences. Your most favorite things to say are: sugar is sleeping (sugar is uncle hunkies dog) or baby is sleeping, come here, come on, more please. You say other things in sentences but we can’t always understand. We try, we really do.

You are one active little girl. You love to run in circles, mostly around me. Jumping and spinning will keep you occupied for a long time. Walking backwards and on your tip-toes is so funny to watch. You definitely keep your dad and me on our feet constantly.

Not only are you active but you have a little ornery in you as well. Your orneriness has come out more in these past few months. You love to scream, mostly when we are in public. I’ve actually seen people cringe because you have a really high scream. Mommy’s always said screaming hurts people’s ears. Usually when you scream really loud like that in public, I do tell you that it hurts people’s ears and to try something else like singing or whispering. That only works for just a little bit and then your back to screaming again. I know you mean well and I try to understand that you are a toddler that loves to hear her voice, especially when it echoes. When you keep disobeying me though we go to time out, usually a quite place where no one is around. Guess what, time outs don’t really work for you. You actually think they are fun and you usually laugh. So we’ll keep exploring what works and hope I keep my sanity. HAHA!

Oh little miss, you’re a mess. You certainly love doing everything yourself. You’re very independent and that’s a good thing. I just didn’t know independence happened so soon.

Other things you like to do are read. Pinkalicious, Princess Baby, and We’re Going on a Bear Hunt are some of your recent favorites.

You know what else you like to do? Be silly! When it’s time to take a bath or put your clothes on, you run really fast, jump on the couch and hide underneath the pillows, all while screaming at the top of your lungs.

While working on your animal sounds, I asked you how a cow goes and you knew right off the bat…Mooo you said. I then ask you how a dog goes and you said…Mooo, laughed really loud and shook your head No while saying no and then said ruff ruff.

You also love to sing. When we’re at church you usually sing at the top of your lungs. I smile every time.

Eden, sweet princess, you’re a blessing. Mommy and daddy love you with all our hearts. Always remember that. We love watching you grow and learn new things. We are so proud that you’re our daughter.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

What a doll that Eden is! And so smart too (I'm thinking she's ready for MENSA already!).