A Thankful Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving came and went quickly. It kind of makes me sad. I enjoyed having Andrews side of the family here.

We ate lots of food till our tummies were full, visited, played games, watched the kids play, and then ate again. You can’t beat that.

I must say though that my first Thanksgiving meal was 100% successful, from the Turkey to the giblet gravy. I also must add that the tablescape was just as awesome.

I truly enjoyed every minute of Thanksgiving. So I just want to say that I’m thankful that God gave me two hands and feet that work, so I could get everything prepared in order to feed my family.

I’m also thankful for… (In no particular order)

* My sweet husband for jumping in and helping me all the time, even when I don’t ask.
* For my kissable, funny, loving, healthy, smart little girl who I adore so much
* Andrew’s job that he works hard at everyday
* A roof over our heads
* Food to fill our stomachs
* A nice comfortable bed to sleep in
* Old friends and new friends
* An awesome family on both sides who loves us unconditionally and will do anything to help us out
* For our State Troopers, Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and everyone else who keeps our streets and high-ways safe.
* For our country and the troops who put their lives on the line everyday for it.
* The chance to go to college and finish my degree
* Cleaning supplies because I love a clean house
* Books, because I love watching Eden try and read and for myself as well, when I get a chance to sit down in a quiet spot
* Candles or just anything that makes my house smell warm
* The Razorbacks (Gotta love those hogs even when they don’t win, because winning and losing is a team effort.)
* A car that gets us from point a to b
* Cherry-Vanilla Dr. Pepper a guilty pleasure
* Our health
* The ability to go to the doctor anytime we need to
* All four seasons (especially fall it’s my favorite)
* Our church family
* My faith in God and the power of prayer
* The opportunity to give rather then receive
* I’m thankful for Jesus who died for our sins, the opportunity to live an open christian life for God without being persecuted, and second chances without those three things life would be meaningless.

I didn't get very many pictures by the way actually I don't think a single one. I guess my mind was on other things. So I stole these pictures from aunt nutmeg.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!






Also, if anyone knows how to change the picture settings on here let me know. I want to be able to click on my pictures when I've published them, so that they will be bigger when you look at them. Thanks
More blogging to come. We have a big week ahead of us.
Also the big reveal of Eden's early Christmas present from Santa.


1 comment:

Hannah said...

YAY!!!! You're table looked AMAZING!!! I was seriously thinking of you this weekend, and how stressed I would be if I were you... I mean, being in charge of Thanksgiving dinner?!?!? But looks like you did an AMAZING job!!!!!! Congrats!!