Old Main was where our big day took place 2 years ago
My sweet husband who I love dearly and will continue to love the rest of my life
Our Sweet Family

The Bridal Party

This was taken right after we saw each other for the first time.
I had butterflies in my stomach.
Taking a little stroll
Our first kiss as husband and wife in the rain.
Our first dance. (It was to "You and I" by Michael Buble)


Our first kiss as husband and wife in the rain.
Our first dance. (It was to "You and I" by Michael Buble)

A great ending to a magical night.
That was one day I would play over and over again if I could.
That was one day I would play over and over again if I could.Rain and all!
It has now been two years since we were married. I can proudly say that I am as happy now as I was then. Andrew has been an amazing husband. He has truly taken care of me in every way possible and I am so thankful for that. As I am writing this, I am replaying all the memories we have made together over the past two years.
It has now been two years since we were married. I can proudly say that I am as happy now as I was then. Andrew has been an amazing husband. He has truly taken care of me in every way possible and I am so thankful for that. As I am writing this, I am replaying all the memories we have made together over the past two years.
We have been through different trials in our marriage some tough others not so much, but as a husband and wife we stuck together. We’ve encouraged each other, held each others hands, and communicated through those tough times.
Marriages most defiantly have their frustrating moments, if they didn’t this world would be perfect.
I can truly say we have had our frustrating moments with each other, but that’s just small stuff, stuff that’s just silly to get in a tizzy about. You want to know what we do in frustrating moments?
We keep on loving each other and do better the next time, just a little tip.
....................................................................................
Marriages most defiantly have their frustrating moments, if they didn’t this world would be perfect.
I can truly say we have had our frustrating moments with each other, but that’s just small stuff, stuff that’s just silly to get in a tizzy about. You want to know what we do in frustrating moments?
We keep on loving each other and do better the next time, just a little tip.
....................................................................................
Now, I would like to reminisce for a few minutes about things that have taken place with in our two years of marriage. I’m doing this one for my sake and two because I didn’t get to do this the first year due to a lot of things that I will explain below. So feel free to just mosey on, or stay and share some memories with me.
We were married June 1, 2007 on a Friday. The wedding was outside in the front of Old Main on the UofA campus.
After the wedding and reception which was at the Springdale Country Club. Andrew and I made our way to James at the Mill at quaint hotel in the heart of Johnson, Arkansas.
The next day we were off to our honeymoon in Destin, Florida, were we stayed for a week.
Soon after our honeymoon we made it back to Springdale, where we packed up all our things and headed to Searcy, AR to live so I could finish school.
Not to long after we moved back to Searcy we were presented with, as I like to say it, A GREAT blessing (you could also say it was a BIG surprise) which was baby Eden.
Once we got over the surprised part, we worked together to figure out a plan to bring our sweet baby into this world, by being able to provide for her every need; because not only were we trying to support ourselves we had a third person to think about now. Let me just say my maturity level jumped up a great deal.
After a lot of conversing between Andrew and I. We both decided it would be in our families best interest for Andrew to join the DPS with the state of Texas.
To make a long story short Andrew was hired on and left for training for 6 months in Sep of 07.
I stayed in Searcy to finish up my senior Fall year and then moved back to Springdale to live with my parents, while Andrew was in Austin, TX.
March 21 of 08 Andrew came home from recruit school not because he was finished but because I was to be induced March 23.
Forget about being induced Eden was ready to come a little early and I started having painful back contractions early Saturday morning. These contractions lasted 41 hours until the hospital said I was ready to come in.
I checked in to Willow Creek Womans Hospital Sunday March 23, 2008. I got my wonderful epidural and was ready to have Eden.
Eden graced this world with her presence around 6:30, weighing 7lbs 12ozs and hitting the height marker at 21 ½ inches long.
The next day Andrew had to go back to Austin, TX to graduate form recruit school.
I stayed in the hospital Sunday night and Monday night and went back to my parents house with our brand new baby Tuesday morning
Andrew finally returned home on Friday after graduating first in his class.
We worked together and learned a lot about being parents the first two weeks.
Finally it was time to move to Texas after a two week break for Andrew.
Both our families helped us move into a temporary home in DeKalb, which was also a blessing for us.
We lived in the country (as I would call it, because we were so far away from everything), for four months while looking for a permanent home.
During that time Andrew and I celabrated our 1st Anniversary. We were able to take a trip to Branson just me and him.
My parents celabrated their 40th Ruby anniversary. June the 3rd. A party was held in their honor.
We found our permanent home the end of July and closed on it the beginning of August. We are now proud home owners!
Grandma and Grandpa Everhart come and visit us not to long after we moved in.
August through October flies by and in the mean time Eden is growing like a weed and has started to crawl and has cut 2 teeth
Eden also had her first Halloween and dressed up like a poodle and looked so precious. (I don’t really like poodles but that’s the only costume I could find that was halfway cute.)
November came quickly and we had our first Thanksgiving as a family at Andrew’s parents.
Next was Christmas and I was so excited to decorate! My parents came down for Christmas and spent Christmas day and the rest of the weekend with us.
Before we knew it, it was time to ring in the New Year. For this special occasion Andrew’s parents, sister, Mark & Renee, and g-ma & g-pa Venable came to visit.
The day they left Eden started walking, the first week in January @ 9 months.
MyBest Friend Hannah got engaged
Eden celebrated her first Valentines day and received several stuffed animals
My Best Friend Addy got engaged
March came way to quick just like every month does, and Eden turned the BIG
O-N-E!
May 9th Megan my sister in-law graduated from Harding University
That same night our house flooded. Thank goodness for flood insurance and good friends that took us in for a few days. (We are still waiting for our floors to be put down so we can move back in.)
It is now June the first 2009 and I have successfully shared all of our two year highlighted memories with you.
Now it’s time for some much needed sleep.



5 comments:
Wow, you guys have had an exciting 2 years that's for sure!!!
Happy anniversary and thanks for sharing all of that with us. I absolutely love your wedding photos. You are such a happy, blessed couple and you, my dear, look AMAZING in your dress!!!
what a busy couple of years! happy anniversary to the cutest couple!!!!! how's miss eden today? sophie b decided it was party time from midnight until almost 3. :) we should get the girls together to swim after i get out of school next week!
Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize how close y'alls is to ours...we just celebrated our 3rd year on May 27th.
Gosh it's gone by sooo fast. Hey I started a blog. whitneyshonesttoblog.blogspot.com
You act like you've been busy or something..... but I think your story is a little dull, might want to spice it up with some major events or something. Just a suggestion. ;)
Post a Comment