Lesson Learned

Today was a usual Monday. Andrew had the day off which was nice. I got mine and Eden’s things together for our trip to Springdale tomorrow. (We’re really sad daddy can’t go, but he has to stay home and wear the big boy pants and work.)

Let’s see, we kind of laid around and relaxed. Played a lot with Eden, went to see a sweet couple from church at the hospital and their new baby girl. Oh she was the cutest thing!
I then made it to my 6:00 spray tan appointment. Yes, I did say spray tan. I am very white and feel like I need a little help being fake. (HAHA, fake tan that is.) I’m not going to say that it looks good because it looks really bad, and I feel like I need to jump in a swimming pool just to get it all off. But, I’m not going to do that because I paid good money to look this way, so I guess I’ll just have to deal with it.

Enough about the spray tan, although I think that would be considered a lesson learned.

Here is the real lesson I learned today.

On the way back to Hooks, Eden after waiting so patiently with daddy in the car decided to start whining and throwing a fit. I had a Passy for her but I was not about to give it to her because it fell on the nasty hospital floor. Enough said!

So, I thought very quickly and came up with Veggie Tales. I turned up the radio and braced myself for some outrageous singing and dancing that would be coming from yours truly.

Guess What…


It Worked! All she needed was some good entertaining. I think Andrew felt the same way. I should probably not brag, but I was pretty good.

So lesson learned. All you need is some good tunes that you know the words to, some awesome dance moves and you got the whining, fit throwing situation under control (At least until dinner time, when the food gets thrown on the floor. Needless to say, we’ve been reading The Strong-Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson)

Congratulations!

Welcome to motherhood!

Oh and a few pictures of our Strawberry loving little girl.

Cheese Mom!

I love Strawberries!!!



3 comments:

jill said...

have a fun trip!!! wave at fay for me. :) and i loooooove that second picture of eden. it should totally be framed and in black and white!

Elizabeth said...

We all know you got some moves! hehe Have fun on the trip. Were going to miss you here! =(

Kerry Harrell said...

Don't worry..I've done spray tans a zillion times for special events and it only lasts 5 days or less. I hate that it didn't work for you. It may come off faster if you use an exfoliater. Be careful wearing white since the tan can stain it. Good luck!