Happy Fathers Day

What a wonderful Father’s day.

We started out a little slow this morning, which is very normal in this family.

While we waited on Daddy to finish getting ready (Yes us girls waited on daddy for the first time.) Eden decided to test drive her car.

(Sorry about the pictures being blurry, I need a new camera.)



So, we ended up filing in a little late to church. No big deal though, everyone was standing up singing. Our being late was not that noticeable.

Now, as parents we feel like it is very important for Eden to sit through the first part of worship service until after communion is over. Our reasoning is that it is good for her to see others singing and praying to God. It is also good for her to learn to sit still. That being said, she is almost 15 months old, so sitting still is something that doesn’t really happen. She tries, but she is just to busy.

Today daddy was on the communion table, so when it was time for him to serve, Eden watched very closely to see where he was going. After the first prayer Eden stood up on the pew with goldfish crackers in her mouth and yelled Dad-da. She smiled so big. It was really cute, but me being the mom, I had to sit her down on the pew and tell her that yelling is not allowed in the church building. In fact I had to wrestle with her the whole time until we stood up to sing. I know that one day she will sit still, and oh will that be a glorious day.

So after communion all the children are dismissed to discovery hour, this is when Andrew or I take Eden to the nursery. Needless to say she knows right where to go and enjoys playing with her friends.

Services were great and we are all very blessed to have such wonderful fathers who love, care and support us. I know that I am so proud of Andrew for being a great father. He is so good with Eden. I love watching them interact.

So, to appreciate my wonderful husband we went out after church and ate with some friends from church.

After a great lunch that made us so full, we all were ready to go back home and take a nap. So, a nap is what we took.

After a refreshing nap Andrew and Eden went outside to water our droopy flowers.

This is the after affect.

Now, I know that this might look mean, you know Adnrew sparying Eden with a hose, but she truly thinks this is the funiest thing in the world.


While they played in the water I cooked dinner.
Ham, butter and onion potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and peas and carrots

It was a wonderful dinner I thought. I know Andrew seconds that.

Before I end this great Fathers day post I must not leave out Eden’s card to her daddy.



What a sweet little girl.



1 comment:

jill said...

looks like such a sweet day!!!! the bathing suit is adorable, and next time you cook like that, i will SO do the dishes if i can come over too. ha!