A Crazy Day!

Our crazy day started out at 3:30 this morning when Andrew was called in for work.
I felt really bad for him but that's his job and he's gotta do what he's gotta do.
I woke up around 7:15 when he came home for a quick breakfeast. Eden was still sleeping so I decided to lay down for a little longer. Around 8:00 I heard her stirring, so I went in to say goodmorning. I walked up to her bed and in it was green gunk everywhere, all over her crib bumper, blankets, her lovey, sheets, socks, and outfit. I quickly picked her up thinking her diaper had leaked but I didn't see any signs of that at all. I looked over to where her head usually is when she sleeps and I saw a huge pile of green gunk. Oh no, I thought to myself she got sick last night and I didn't hear her. I felt so bad! I'm a light sleeper so I can't believe I didn't hear her. Poor thing, I took her stright to the bathroom and gave her a bath and after that a morning bottle. We spent all morning cuddling which is becoming a must thing in the morning after we hug and kiss all her new dolls she got for Christmas. I kept watching for signs that her stomach was hurting her but she seemed to be filling fine.

We went on with our morning sechedule. I stripped her bed down and used my best friend Clorox Anywhere spray. Pretty much my whole morning was spent cleaning. In the process of cleaning the carbon monoxide detector went off. It started beeping and was saying that it had detected carbon monoxide. Then the one above our bedroom door by the laundry room went off. I quickly grabbed Eden and called Andrew who told me to call the fire department. Eden and I waited outside till the fire department came. They found the carbon monoxide detector that plugs into the outlet in our hallway by Eden's room on the floor. They asked me if I knew it was on the floor and I said I had no idea. I felt really dumb. The detector was going off because it was unplugged, but that didn't explain why the one above our bedroom door was going off. It took them a little bit to get it to stop beeping but finally our ears were siren free. The batteries were good in it so that wasn't why it went off. They thought it might have been because it had gotten really hot in that area due to the fact I had been running the dryer all morning trying to clean Eden's bedding.

With everything taken care of the fire department left and I put Eden down for her lated morning nap a 12:30 after she ate some lunch. Needless to say our morning was crazy. Andrew ended up getting off work around Noon and is now taking a much deserved nap. Everyone is napping and I'm resting by blogging.

I hope tomorrw will be a normal day eventhough everyone needs a crazy day once in a while to keep us on our feet.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

Oh, poor Eden! (And mommy too!) I still remember the first time Adam ever threw up in his crib...so sad.

Hope tomorrow is a better day!