Ten things I love and am thankful for during the Christmas season.

Since Christmas is just around the corner, I thought I would share with you ten little things I love about the Christmas season.

1. I am so thankful for my wonderful little family (Andrew and Eden) and I love them dearly. They are so precious to me. I love making new memories with them and reminiscing about old ones.

2. I am also thankful for my extended family (Mom, Dad, Brothers, In-laws, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and Cousins). They make mine and Andrew’s life so joyful. I love being close to each and every one of you.

3. What a blessing it is to still have a job during these troubled times and to be able to help others who are in need.

4. I’m so thankful for the gifts under the tree. They were hand picked with love and the blessing to be able to be around family during this Christmas season so we can give them these gifts of love.

5. I love curling up on the cozy couch watching Christmas movies and drinking hot chocolate with lots of marshmallows and whip cream

6. I love the smell of Christmas sent candles and will burn them till there’s no wax left.

7. I love getting Christmas cards from family and friends

8. I absolutely love to decorate, especially the Christmas tree.

9. I love keeping old traditions like going to the square to look at the lights, making Christmas cookies and candy. More then I love keeping old traditions I love to make new ones as well.

10. Most of all I love to reflect on how Mary and Joseph felt when holding their new born son Jesus and what a blessing our Lord Jesus is to us all.

Here is a touching video my mother sent to me. The singing is amazing. It brings chill bumps to my arms. What a good feeling it is to know that we are saved by the blood of Jesus. This is a man who started out as an infant and grew to be an amazing and powerful servant of God sacrificing his life to save the lost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDeXUvWbLp8


Another point I ponder during the Christmas season is the power of death. This past Wednesday night at church, our preacher taught from 2 Corinthians
chapter 4 verses 7-12.
This verse says:

But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. For we who are alive are always being given over to death for Jesus sake, so that his life may be revealed in our mortal body. So then, death is at work in us, but life is at work in you.

Many people during this time of year are grieving due to a loss of a precious loved one. Our preacher is dealing with that right now with the loss of his father a few years ago and the scare of almost losing his mother a couple of weeks ago. With the heavy burden of death on his mind he decided to share this verse with the church family. What a wonderful verse this is. This verse goes on to say in verse 16:

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Death can be a scary thing and can drag a person down, but looking to the bible for encouragement is a wonderful way to start the healing process. We know God has a plan for us all, so take advantage of being with your family that is still living and reminisce about the good things that your lost loved one left behind.


2 comments:

~aj~ said...

Great post, Whitney. You are an absolute sweetie with the kindest heart.

P.S. I've got a card for you, but no address! Can you email yours to me? mawilson22@msn.com

Mallory Cervas said...

Amen!