Andrew was able to get two weeks of vacation during the Thanksgiving holiday so we took advantage of his long vacation and made a trip to Springdale to visit family.

The trip was wonderful. We were able to spend time with family and friends, what a way to go. While our trip was wonderful Eden and I were sick half the time and ended up sharing our sickness with a few people. We’re so sorry. The good news is everyone is on a healing climb now. Thank goodness.

Ok back to our trip. We arrived in Springdale Thanksgiving night after a long car ride. I say long it’s only a 4 hour trip but it was long because Eden couldn’t breath due to her congestion so sleeping was on and off for the 4 hours we were in the car. Also Andrew was stopped on the way as well. I didn’t realize he was speeding but apparently he was. It was a small town called Granice or something like that. Once we were stopped Andrew rolled down the window ready to plea his case. The officer walked up to the window and quote said, “I think we know why were here.” Andrew answered, yes sir I know better then to speed through a small town like this one. As he was saying that, he handed the officer his license. The officer took a look at Andrew’s identification and then said well you know we have deer around these parts so be careful, and then he let us go. I was really glad that went as quickly as it did because Eden started crying in the back. We finally made it safely to Andrew’s parents house were we stayed. It felt so good to be there. Eden was really excited to see Grandma and Grandpa Venable along with aunt nutmeg.

The next day was our Thanksgiving day. This was our time to spend a day of thanks with Grandpa Matt and Grandma Niecey, Aunt nutmeg, Uncle Mark and Aunt Renee, along with Mrs. Ethel our adopted grandma, and Tyler & Nick. It was so good to be around family. We ate lots of wonderful food and shared what we were thankful for, a Venable tradition. After we ate our dinner we sat around and talked while we let our stomachs settle, which led to the idea of caroling. So we dressed Eden up in her snowman outfit and went caroling. Now when I say caroling the idea of singing well was not in anyone’s mind especially when Nick, Tyler, and Andrew are together. The first song we were going to sing was frosty the snowman. We stopped at my best friends house first but no one was home, so off to the Dobbs house and no one was home either. Our last stop because it was quite cold outside was the Harris’s house across the street from the Venable’s. We rang the doorbell and waited for a while but know one answered. As we were walking away the door opened. We were pretty excited to actually get to sing. So Andrew asked if we could sing and they gladly said yes.


Here are some precious pictures of our little frosty.


Here is a video of how the song went.





We all had lots of fun. Singing might just become a new tradition.

Saturday we met up with my parents for the first time. Eden was thrilled to see them as well. She loves her some Papa Lowe and Gammy. For lunch we ate some of my dads wonderful cooking and then Mom and I were off to shop before we all went to the twins 2nd birthday.

That night was the twins birthday. It was wonderful to see all our other family. Eden enjoyed every minute of being there. She ate a little ice cream which I caught Papa Lowe feeding her and then did a lot of playing with her cousins.

I captured some playtime moments.




(once my internet stops acting up i'll post more pictures. Agh frustrating!)

Anyways, Eden was exhausted by the end of the night which allowed her to sleep well that night.

Sunday morning was slow moving. We didn’t make it to class like we wanted to but we did make it to services. It was wonderful to see all of our friends from church. Latter that afternoon we ate lunch at Grandpa Matt and Grandma Niecey’s house. Uncle Mark and Aunt Renee were there and brought their dog Cloey. Eden loved Cloey. I’m sure she wishes she had a dog but one day that time will come.

The rest of the week was relaxing and fun. We spent some time with Mark and Renee, I had a girls night with my mom and some ladies from church. I recommend seeing Australia. It was a wonderful movie.

That weekend we spent time with my parents in Branson. When I was little we use to go to Branson every year before Christmas to look at the lights. We thought it would be a great tradition to start with Eden. I hope we can do this Branson trip every year. We had so much fun while we were there. We went to the Dixie Stampede Friday night. Eden loved every minute of it. You all know how much she loves to jump, well she did just that the whole time. Her eyes were so bright watching the horses, pigs, camels, and outrages. Toward the end she got a little antsy but that was expected. The show was wonderful as well as the food. Thanks mom and dad for such a wonderful time.

The next day we spent time shopping trying to buy for everyone on our list. Let me say the list was long but I love buying for people. I think I got a good start on my list but I have a little ways to go. It will get done though.

Sunday Carey surprised us. It was really good to see him. We all went out to eat for lunch and then spent our afternoon on the Fayetteville square taking pictures. It was cold let me just say but it was great cutting up with family and taking some good pictures. We had to say bye to uncle Carey but will see him soon for Christmas. Love you bubba.

Our time was cut short in Springdale due to the fact that I had to take my finals earlier then I expected. We had to say all of our goodbyes which made us sad. We love our family so much. The good news is that will see them all again real soon.

We had such a wonderful time being with the ones we love. We are so blessed to have family like we do. I am so very thankful for each and every one of them.


1 comment:

~aj~ said...

That sounds like a GREAT vacation. You have such a wonderful family!

Sounds like Eden did a lot better at Dixie Stampede than Drew did. His first experience there did NOT go well!

Eden makes the cutest lil Frosty I've ever seen...love that costume!