Deck the Halls with Buddy Holly

Before it’s too late I wanted to share our first Christmas decorating experience with you.

Now that mine and Andrew’s finals are over with, we were able to fully devote ourselves to decorating for Christmas. I was super excited about getting all of our decorations out, one because I forgot what I had and two because I love to decorate and come up with creative ideas. Andrew was in charge of putting the tree up. He was super excited!



I worked on decorating the mantle and other little things.


The Santa Simpson was a present from Andrews brother Mark a few years ago. Eden thinks he's the funniest thing. I could take him or leave him. HA HA, but he sure adds life to our house.



I had some left over ribbon from a bow I made. I wasn't for sure what to do with it so I came it up with this idea of cutting it in halfs then tying the ribbon around twisty ties. It makes for a cute candle wreath I thougt.



Here is a little better picture of how it turned out



I love these cute little snowmen my mom gave me.


The smallest one is holding a sign that says BURR. (Tell me about it little guy. It's cold outside!)



Of course our mantle.


I just love Eden's stocking. I ordered it off of pottery barn kids for a pretty good price. What I really liked about it is it can grow with her.



Another cute gift from my mom. It's Texas sized Santa Cowboy.


How appropriate.


My home made whimsical wreath to match my whimsical tree.


I was super pumped about putting a Christmas tree in Eden’s room. The tree is a pretty silver color with metallic ornaments on it and a big silver bow on the top that took forever to make. I’m not really talented in the bow area. After it was decorated I plugged it in for Eden. She liked it so much she clapped. That truly made my day.

Once Andrew got the tree up and the lights on we decorated it together. That was a fun time for us. We loved looking at all the sentimental ornaments.

I had to get an up close picture of the gifts because I love the wrapping paper I got from

Hobby Lobby. What a lovely store.


As I was taking pictures of the finished products I just had to snap a picture of Andrew. He was in the process of cleaning his shotgun for work. What a handsome guy.

By the way Eden was asleep when he was cleaning it.

Safety First. ALWAYS!


Thanks for touring my Christmas decorations. We all had fun putting them up.

Merry Christmas Everyone!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney,
I am really enjoying your blog so far! However, I can't help but ask...is there really an Aunt Nutmeg? LOL. Well, the caroling was terribly awful and I only heard the boys-your poor neighbors. Eden was adorable though as Frosty. Very funny video.