Over The River and Through The Woods Watch Out Here We Come

I wanted to write a little recap of mine and Eden’s trip to Springdale this past week. We both had the opportunity to take a little trip to Springdale to visit friends and family. Andrew’s job called him to Beaumont, Texas for a week where he and others helped out the locals in the area cut down on the people trying to get back into parts of Huston that were closed. Needless to say we missed daddy while he was gone but proud of him for doing what he does best. Since Andrew was gone for a week Eden and I packed our bags and headed to Springdale with Papa Lowe who was in the area for a meeting. Once we arrived Gammy K. was so excited to see us. We really surprised her with our presences. That night we attended church where we saw Grandpa Sir and Grandma V. Eden truly loves being around all her grandparents. Also that night Eden was able to attend cradle roll with her cousin Taylor and her friends Bennett and Drew. Her cousin Kim was teaching the class and what a wonderful job she does. All those cute little babies were so attentive to the songs and animals Kim was teaching about. I wish Eden was able to be around those babies more often. She had so much fun.


Thursday night was girls night out. Papa Lowe kept Eden while Mom and I met up with some ladies at church. We ate at this great restaurant called Fusion. It was fun to eat and visit with these wonderful ladies. After we ate we went to see the movie Women it was so funny. I really recommend seeing it with some of your closet girlfriends.

Friday was the busy day. Gammy, Eden and I met up with uncle Hunkie and Papa Lowe for lunch at Whole Hog Café in Fayetteville. UMMMM! It was so good. I think they have the best BBQ and potato salad in the world. I must say it’s one of my many favorite places to eat.

After lunch we had a play date with Kenda and Taylor at Murphy Park. Gammy K. and Grandma V. also came along. We had so much fun feeding the ducks or should I say I had the fun. I did most of the feeding while Kenda kept the scary, loud, and annoying white duck away while I fed the others.


Gammy and Grandma V. enjoyed holding the girls and watching them play and give each other kisses.

It was such a beautiful day outside. Thank you God for giving us a gorgeous day to play and watch all the ducks you made. We sure did have fun!

That night we went out to eat at my favorite restaurant Catfish Hole. Of course I stuffed myself with all the catfish I could eat, hushpuppies, pickles, and coleslaw. Eden even wanted to get in on some pickle action
I think she liked it. She smacked her lips and reached for more. Way to girl! Pickles are the best!

After we ate Papa Lowe took Eden to look at the pretty fish in the tank. She was very amused.

Our Friday was jammed pack full of fun and food. I’m glad we have family who loves us.
We sure do love them.
Sunday after church our whole family came over for lunch. What was really special though was uncle Carey being there. We don’t get to see him very much so it’s always a treat. He is always getting Eden fun little toys and clothes. He has wonderful taste.

Well all good things must come to an end. We left Springdale Monday morning with loads of memories and the hopes of visiting again soon.


No comments: