Hope... Are you out there?

As I sit in my un-flooded but really messy house (messy is an understatement right now), several things go through my head.

One, will this mess be cleanable? There is dust everywhere do to the fact that we are taking up our tile floor in the living room. Cough Cough! Maybe I should have a dusting party when all these shenanigans are over with.

Second, I started painting the kitchen this beautiful red that Elizabeth helped me pick out. It was looking really good till it started peeling off the walls. After getting really frustrated and kicking the big blue beanbag that I got for Andrew when he was in College, which is now ruined due to it taking in a lot of water. I decided the walls can be fixed, but I’m not going to be the one to fix them. I think I might just call someone. It looks really bad!
(Life lesson number who knows when in doubt, just call someone)

Third the only thing getting me through this mess is my husband Andrew who is always giving me hugs saying, everything will work out just fine; my parents who stepped in to take care of Eden for a few days so we can get some things done, and all my blogging friends who leave comments checking in on us.

It’s so uplifting to know that people care and are willing to step in and help.


6 comments:

jill said...

1. i live to dust. give me the details, and i'm there with my swiffer 360 and pledge wipes in hand. seriously.

2. most DEFINITELY call someone. that's usually my first instinct. :)

3. yay for sweet hubbies!

4. if the stress gets to be too much (my ocd would have me in a straight jacket by this point..), i say you, me & e just go get pedis and go to sonic. let the boys deal with the troubles. problem solved.

ha! hope you're making it. it does NOT sound like lots of fun. and i'm super serious about the dusting. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing how God can pull us through great tests of our faith. There will be a day that you look back and will marvel at the influance and impact this has had on your marriage, family and your personal faith. When Job lost all he did, including some of his family, he never took his eyes off God and look at the reward he was blessed with.You too will be blessed. Love ya - Doodah!

Jen said...

Whit Bit.. I am SO sorry y'all are having to deal with that! I can only imagine how stressful it is! Especially being away from little Eden... :( I'm thinking about y'all! I wish there was something I could do to help you! Love you sweetie

Kerry Harrell said...

I can only imagine how overwhelmed y'all must be right now. I know it's hard being away from Eden but it is for her best. We have been thinking about y'all nonstop since we heard the news from Elizabeth. If there is anything that you need or that we can help you clean do not hesitate to call us.

Melissa Lester said...

Oh, I can feel your pain reading this post! We had flash flooding in our area recently, but thankfully we were spared any water in the house. I don't think I'm a good enough housekeeper to come back from something like that!

It's so neat that your husband was the youth minister in Laurel! I had such a nice visit to Maine and Delaware -- my first trip to both states -- and enjoyed the ladies there so much. What a small world!

~aj~ said...

Ok first of all, your new blog design looks AMAZING!!!!

But what I really wanted to do was check in and see how you guys are doing? I know it's been a VERY stressful couple of weeks. I've been thinking about you a lot!

Love ya!!!