Cinna-Burritos and The Horny Chair

First off, let me say that this post is being written by Whit Bit's amazing, wonderful husband. One of our friend's is a manager at the local Ta Molly's. Now, they have the best dessert ever, called a Cinn-A-Molly (I'm not sure how they spell it, but this seems correct). Well anyway, I thought that if this small Cinn-A-Molly was good, a bigger one would be better. I told my buddy about my idea, and that they should call it the Cinn-A-Burrito. Not as catchy as the Cinn-A-Molly, but it serves the purpose. Well, last Friday night we ate at TaMolly's, which is always a good choice. And it just so happened that my good friend was managing that night. He stopped by our table and said, "Hey Andrew, I"ve been working on that Cinn-A-Burrito for you." I laughed and told him that I had given up on that idea, but I would come up with something great to add to the menu, or I would open up a competing Tex-Mex joint across the street named "Tia-Molly's". So, we continued to eat, and that's when it happened. The waiter brought out desert plates with two Cinn-a-Molly's and one giant Cinn-a-Burrito, or at least a Cinn-a-chimichanga. Words cannot describe the joy that was in my heart. So, I'll let the picture speak for itself.



Incredible!! It was great to see something in real life that you thought would never exist. It's like meeting Sasquatch. Something you never expect, but once you've expierenced it you're never the same.

Which brings me to my next item of discussion. This also requires a little back story to understand the true meaning of the Horny chair. About five years ago, my grandparents moved to the Northwest Arkansas Metroplex city of Springdale. One of thier neighbors was 91 years old Ethel Preston. As time went on, my grandparents, and eventually my family adopted Ethel as our Great-Great Grandmother. She came to our wedding and was included as family. She also got to hold our little bit when she was a tiny little baby. Believe it or not, that was the first baby Ethel had held. Well, anyway, one Thanksgiving we were gathered at my Grandparent's home, and we needed some extra chairs. Ethel quickly rose to the occasion, not literally because she was 94, but was willing to let us borrow some of her folding chairs. So, my brothers and I marched over to her house, and grabbed a couple chairs each. While in her home, I noticed a chair sitting in one of the corners. It was literally made of horns. I was in disbelief. It was the single, ugliest, piece of furniture I had ever seen, but at the same time it was marvelous!! I could not believe that Ethel had been hiding that chair from the world for the last 40 years. Well, fast forward to the present. Sadly, Ethel passed away a few weeks ago. While sad, she did make some comments about her last few years were some of her happiest because she got to feel like part of a family. My parents and grandparents sat with her until she passed on. I'm not sure how this years holiday gatherings will be without her, but we'll make the best of it. Anyway, Ethel made the choice to leave everything in her home to my grandparents, minus the jewlery and money which she gave to chairty (mainly the Jones Center, at least I think that's where it went). She spent a lot of time there volunteering. Well, prior to the great flood, my grandparents announced that there was only one place for a chair with horns, TEXAS! I was floored. The chair of my dreams was coming home!! The only question would be if Whitney would let me keep it. I felt like the kid who wanted the Red Ryder BB gun in the Christmas movie that everyone hates but still watches. I wanted the one thing nobody wanted in the house. Well, this last weekend we traveled home for a three-day mini-vacation. This was where I got to lay eyes back on the chair of destiny! I was able to convince Whitney that this horribly ugly chair had a place in our home. In fact, Whitney has even gotten excited about creating a "Western" room. So without furthur ado, I give you the Horny Chair!!!!!!!!!!

I know it needs to be recovered, it's an ugly 70's green. I'm thinking we need to cover it in cowhide. It might make the horny chair look a little better.


3 comments:

jill said...

that chair is fab!!!!! :) and as far as the cinna-burrito ... are they going to make another appearance? it looks yummmmmmm. we were at tamolly's this weekend too!

~aj~ said...

Cowhide is definitely the way to go. And I have to say I am SHOCKED that Whitney is letting you keep that thing! It's a riot!

And I'll definitely have to check out the Cinna-burrito sometime. Sounds like my kind of dessert!

Loved this post, Andrew!

Elizabeth said...

tia-molly's? is that like the female version of ta-molly's because if it is were going to have to consult with our attorney about trademark infringement.

p.s. the cinna-burrito is ONLY VIP at this time. per managers orders!! hahaha

p.s.s. the horn chair is even better than i envisioned!
see ya at church tonight!!!