The bad news first: Of course anything dealing with claims is going to take a while. So what Andrew and I have to do is go through the house and write down everything the water touched or damaged. Shoes, furniture, bedding, toys… EVERYTHING. We have to write down the item, how old it is, and how much we think it cost. Overwhelmed much… much much!!!
So guess what Andrew and I will be doing tomorrow. You guessed it, making our list.
We got an estimate for our flooring and I think we will get the ball rolling on that tomorrow as well. That’s the good news I guess. We also have to replace our baseboards, so we have to measure for that; other then that we are in waiting mode.
Andrew and I are staying at our house tonight for the first time since the flood. We thought we might be able to get a few things done. Eden is with Gammy and Papa Lowe in NWA. I know she is having the time of her life right now. They are watching her for us during the weekend so we can get more done. Plus she can’t really be in the house until we get our floors in. There is way too much she can get in to that could hurt her right now.
I really miss doodle bop right now. She can be a mess sometimes but I love that about her. She really brightens my world. I’m so blessed to be a mommy.
Here is a quick funny story about Eden.
The other day I was getting ready in the bathroom when along came Eden. Eden just happened to be carrying a stuffed animal with her, which she does quite often. Eden reaches for the toilet and pulls the lid open. I quickly said Oh no that’s nasty. We don’t put our animals in the toilet. Eden quickly looked up and said gibberish but talked like she knew exactly what she was saying. She then shook her head no and put the lid down. A second later she did the same thing she went to pick up the lid she said some more words while shaking her head yes and looking at me. I know she was trying to tell me something I just couldn’t get it. She walked out of the bathroom shortly after that. Come to find out she had a stinky diaper. Which Andrew was so sweet to change. I truly think though she was trying to tell me she needed to go to the bathroom. I guess I’ll never know.

1 comment:
hope you guys are making it okay in the house!!!! yuck yuck yuck for flooding. ugh. sophie has started doing the SAME thing with her diapers! she'll come to us and say TEE-TEE! or POOP! (sorry. tmi.). i pray that means she'll be a fairly easy potty trainer. fingers crossed!
Post a Comment