What a great weekend!!!

This weekend I learned something new, conquered a project that I thought was impossible, found some amazing lushes ferns that I’m excited about hanging outside on our front porch, and saved a duck from drowning. Let me just say it was a fun weekend.

What I learned new, well I bought my very first sewing machine this weekend. It has been something I have wanted to do for a while. I finally decided that this weekend was the right time to do it. With Eden’s first birthday coming up I wanted to attempt making a birthday banner. So I got all excited and went to my favorite place EVER and bought some material for the banner. I brought it home and quickly got to work. Threading my machine took a little while but I finally figured it out. After I got all my pieces cut I started sewing. I know this sounds really silly but I was so excited when I finished sewing the first side of my banner. Well, to make a long story short I conquered my project, the sewing part at least. I was very satisfied with the way it turned out being that it was my first time to ever use a sewing machine.

Here are a few pictures of what it looks like right now.

As for my lushes ferns well I fond them at Super One Foods in Texarkana. I couldn’t believe it. I looked at the ones a Lowes but they looked scrawny compared to these. I mean these ferns looked like they are hyped up on steroids. I’ll have to post a picture once I get them hung up. It’s a little to cold right now to put them outside,

Ok so tonight I was getting ready for church and Eden was playing around me like she always does. I guess I was really focused on getting ready though that I didn’t notice my child playing in our toilet. I try really hard to keep the toilet seat down but this time it wasn’t. I looked up quickly from getting ready because it got really quite. When it gets really quite you know something’s up. I guess I gasped really loud when I saw what she was doing because she immediately stopped what she was doing and gave me a hug. When I went to the toilet to see how much water was on the seat I noticed her princess duck floating upside down in the toilet. I quickly grabbed some paper towels and saved that poor innocent duck. For the record the duck is soaking in Lysol and Eden well, I doused her hands in soap and water. I have a feeling that won’t be the last time I find her in the toilet, but I really hope it is.



Well, that’s my weekend recap and now I will savor the last little bit of it by sitting on the couch drinking chi tea with my sweet husband while watching Hitch.

Tune in till next time… Monday will be the start of everything that is Eden.


2 comments:

~aj~ said...

First of all, your sewing project turned out awesome! I'm seriously so impressed.

I know it was gross, but it cracked me up that Eden discovered the toilet bowl...and thought little ducky wanted to swim. :)

Kerry Harrell said...

Good job on the banner! Loved the pic of the duck, lol.