Today was Eden’s 4 month check up which consists of 4 booster shots: DTaP, IPV, PCV, & Hib. I always dread this part of the check up because you know your baby is going to scream, cry, and turn red. It breaks my heart every time. Well, the appointment started out well. We didn’t have to wait very long in the waiting room, which was a plus. When the nurse called Eden’s name we went straight to the weigh station. Eden weighs 14 pounds and 9oz and she is 26 inches long. She is in the 50th percentile on her weight and the 90th percentile on her height. Needless to say she’s a growing girl. While we waited on the doctor we played where’s Eden in the mirror. She loves this game. Pretty soon Dr. Wright walked in and began examining her. She did so well. She even shot a few smiles up at Dr. Wright. He ended the exam by saying everything looks good and then we visited a little while about the shots she was fixing to receive. The next part came too quickly. THE DREADED SHOTS! I held Eden’s hands while the nurse gave her three shots two in the right leg and one in the left. After the nurse left Eden calmed down and I held her for a little bit and then we left. Our day didn’t end their. We went straight to McAlister’s one of my favorite places to eat. I just love their sweet tea. We sat at McAlister’s for a while and watched it rain. Eden was so good. We talked and played. I just love to listen to her babble. It’s like she’s trying to tell me something. Of course I act like I understand her and she laughs or smiles and makes a high pitched screaming sound. After the rain slowed down we went back home and finished out our normal routine. Eden did well the rest of the night. I was afraid she was going to run a fever but she didn’t. We both got a good nights rest and woke up ready for a new day.
This brings me to today. Since it’s a rainy day and Eden’s sleeping I’m on the computer blogging about the latest. I have uploaded some new videos of Eden. Some of these videos were of her at 3 months and the cereal video is of her at 4 and a half months. I love videoing Eden and the latest things she accomplishes or is interested in. I just don’t like hearing myself on the other end of the video, but as a mom you have to say and do silly things in order to be qualified as a mom. I hope you enjoy these videos.

My Montage 8/18/08
No comments:
Post a Comment