Encourage Someone Wednesday's

Everyone needs encouraging right? We can all think of someone right now who needs a prayer, a hug, a pat on the back, a smile, a something right? Well, I declare Wednesday’s (you know hump day) a day to encourage. I’m not saying we need to encourage people one day a week because you all know that’s not true. I’m just saying this is a good middle of the week day to stop and actually think about others.

So let me kick this Encourage Someone Wednesday blog, with a little food for thought.

Many kids are going back to school. Some like school and can’t wait to go, others not so much. There are so many things going through a child or teenagers mind, and I know the parents of these kids are having some of the same thoughts. For instance:

So many kids want to feel loved and accepted by others at school just as parents want their children to be loved and accepted by others. People are so concerned with rejection because we’ve all experienced it at one time or another in our lives. Here is something to think about. God loves and accepts us. He says in Isaiah 41:9 “I have chosen you and not cast you away” He also says in Jeremiah 31:3 “I have loved you with an everlasting love.” We as parents, teachers, and friends must pray that these children understand theses truths. They need a solid ground to stand on when they do get hurt, and the only solid ground I know of is the one where God stands. So lets encourage these kids by showing them love, especially the love that God has for them.

I know that one day I will send our little Eden off to school. I know there will be tears shed because my baby is no longer a baby anymore; but I want some of those tears to be happy, knowing that I have spent the years she was at home with me teaching of Gods love and praying earnestly that God will penetrate her heart with his love and help her to fully understand how far-reaching and complete it is.

We must also remember to encourage the teachers and parents on this exciting day back to school.

I couldn’t close this blog without posting a picture of Eden. She loves her doll and wants to take it everywhere with her. So today I let her bring the doll on our stroller ride. She also gave her a ride in her pink car.

I love you so much my sweet Eden.


2 comments:

Jen said...

Whitney, what a wonderful post! I love the idea! Thank you for the encouraging words! I love you

jill said...

LOVE this! you have the most precious, genuine heart i've ever seen. eden is so lucky to have such a sweet, Godly momma!