Muffin Tin Picnic

Today was our first muffin tin lunch. What is a muffin tin lunch you ask? Well, it is one of the best things that will ever happen to you and your kids at lunch time. All you have to do is grab anything in your pantry or fridge that is fast and easy, and then just place it in a muffin tin and call it lunch.

I got this idea from my friend AJ who is an amazing mom! I have always wanted to try the muffin tin lunch, but couldn’t yet because Eden wasn’t quiet old enough.

Well, today was the perfect day for our first muffin tin lunch. It was a nice sunny day and fairly cool. So, after Eden’s nap we got our muffin tin full of goodies and headed to the backyard for a little picnic.

Eden loved this idea. She had free rain of anything in the muffin tin. Her first choice was the bananas, then the cheese, a bite of pickle, the dried fruit, a few crackers, a nibble of the turkey, and of course the chocolate chip cookies.

I of course helped her because it was my lunch too.

I must say our muffin tin lunch picnic was a success. I must also say it was a great time for Eden and I to share some laughs.

I can’t wait till our next muffin tin picnic.

I’ll leave you with a cute picture of Eden playing in her element.


5 comments:

~aj~ said...

Yay, I'm so glad it was a success!!! That reminds me that we are due for another one around here.

I love the pic of Eden's little hand sneaking into the frame for a snack. :)

jill said...

love this!!! i saw it somewhere and wanted to try it ... then i forgot about it. we're definitely pulling this out!!!! and miss priss is too precious with her dark hair and cute bow!!! i am DYING to get together with elizabeth and the girls ... y'all up for a muffin tin picnic at the new house in a couple of weeks? sophie will be dying to break in the playroom!!!

Nicki said...

What a neat idea!! I have been keeping Derek's sister, who's just 4 months older than Anna-Kate and I'm always looking for fun things to do with the girls! I have to try this!! Thanks for sharing! Eden is precious!

Elizabeth said...

What an awesome idea! Your so creative. Maybe thats why your one of my best friends!!! Hope you girls enjoy your rainy day together!

Jen said...

Whit, this is sooooo cute! If I have babies I will look up to you and those who give you ideas, you are just the best mama!