It seems like only yesterday Andrew and I were saying I do on the steps of Old Main. We have been happily married for seven months. It doesn't seem possible that our 1 year mark is just around the corner. Well, I don't think I could go any further without mentioning what I like to call "A Year Of Great Development and Adventure." I barely had time to blink and I found myself married, expecting a sweet little girl, taking classes at Harding University, and saying good-bye to Andrew for 6 months so he could go to Austin for DPS training. I never imagined my life to line out the way it has. I believe a person can plan, plan, plan and believe they have everything lined out the way they want it to, but somehow find themselves in a different plan, one they never saw coming. I see my new plan as a blessing, a blessing from God. I know God has great things in store for Andrew and I. I am truly excited about our little blessing who will arrive in March. I'm scared to say the least about being a mother. I want to be the best mother for my little girl. I want her to respect me, love me, and feel like she can talk to me at all times. I want her to see God's light shining through me. I want to be an example of how a christian should act. I can't wait for her arrival. I know once she arrives that I will have my loving husband back from training and we can all be together at last. I will say that this past year has been one of the happiest, most emotional, exciting, and stressful years I believe I have ever faced. If it wasn't for my husband who's encouraging words lifted me up and my family who wrapped their arms around me when Andrew couldn't, and my friends who kept me occupied so I wouldn't get to sad that Andrew was away, but most importantly if I didn't have God in my heart this past year I don't believe I would have made it through. I know God was watching over me and placed each individual in my life for a reason. I really do feel blessed. As the new year has begun I look forward to many new beginnings. I'm excited to see what God has in store for me next.

No comments:
Post a Comment